Orelowitz Incorporated provides professional corporate and commercial legal services to meet the demands of modern finance, commerce and industry. Our firm has worked with a number of leading South African corporates and emerging businesses, financial institutions and private investors.
Our team of commercial lawyers are skilled in insolvency and restructuring, joint ventures, securities law, commercial property, corporate finance, corporate recoveries, mergers and acquisitions, insurance, disputes, corporate governance and due diligence. Our areas of expertise include:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial contracts
- Credit applications
- General commercial advisory
- Business rescue proceedings
- Cross-border advice to companies and managing the implementation of transactions both domestically and internationally
- Advice on the incorporation of juristic entities, takeovers of existing entities and the personalisation thereof
- The preparation and registration of all corporate documentation, including, memorandum of incorporations, company resolutions, shareholders’ agreements, loan agreements, buy/sell agreements and share acquisition agreements
- Liquidation and sequestration applications
- Negotiating, drafting, implementing and interpreting commercial agreements
Our firm offers services to pharmaceutical companies in South Africa in the area of registrations and licensing of pharmaceutical products with the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (“SAHPRA”) (including reviews and appeals).
Our range of services also extends to:
- Providing assistance with general regulatory issues;
- Facilitating medical product registrations;
- Clinical trial compliance and registration;
- Commercial and corporate litigation for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies;
Our service is highly personalised; we develop relationships of trust with our clients as well as their executors and trustees to ensure that deceased estates are handled in the most sensitive and efficient way possible.
Our services include:
- Drafting and amending wills
- Estate administration
- Registration and formation of testamentary trusts and inter vivos trusts, trust administration and governance
- Contentious estates
We offer a complete range of services in all aspects of Family Law, namely:
- Divorces, matrimonial and family law
- Custody, contact and guardianship
- Urgent applications and parenting plans
- Antenuptial contracts
- Commercial agreements for freight, carriage and logistics
- Commercial and civil litigation in relation to contracts of freight, logistics and carriage
Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Restructuring
Our expertise in insolvency law includes:
- Sequestration and liquidation applications
- Insolvency enquiries
Our experience includes broad employment issues, redundancies, and employee incentive and benefit schemes.
We also offer dispute resolution services and represent our clients in matters pertaining to the Department of Labour. We provide assistance with unfair dismissals, labour practices, organisational rights, wage issues, non-compliance with the Employment Equity Act and collective agreements.
Our firm also provides specialist labour consulting on non-litigious employment law issues and commercial issues that have implications on employment law extending to disciplinary procedures, the impact of mergers on employees, corporate restructuring exercises and performance management issues. Our labour and employment law services include:
- Drafting of policies, reports, guidelines, agreements and procedures
- Occupational health and safety assistance
- Employee benefits
- Alternative dispute resolution
We specialise in:
- Commercial and corporate litigation
- Contractual disputes
- Corporate recovery
- Administrative law advice and litigation
- Construction and engineering disputes
- Competition law
Orelowitz Incorporated provides assistance with retirement funds including pension funds, retirement annuity funds, provident funds, preservation funds, umbrella funds and benefits funds.
We specialise in legal advice with regard to the complexity that surrounds pension law, specifically in relation to:
- Regulatory compliance
- Managing beneficiaries’ claims for retirement funds
Property Law, Conveyancing & Notarial Services, including contracts for selling or buying immovable property.
We provide a full spectrum of property and conveyancing services for developers, investors, individuals and corporate end users.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Orelowitz Incorporated and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.